Foods to Include in Your Diet During the Daniel Fast
These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Fruits include but are not limited to apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, watermelon
All vegetables (These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned)
Including but not limited to artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, collard greens, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, ginger root, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions, spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams, zucchini, veggie burgers are an option if you are not allergic to soy.
All whole grains
Including but not limited to 100% whole wheat/whole grain bread, whole wheat, brown rice, millet, quinoa, oats, barley, grits, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, rice cakes and popcorn. (NOTE: Triumph DOES allow white rice on our modified Daniel Fast).
All nuts and seeds
Including but not limited to sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, sesame. Also nut butters including peanut butter.
All legumes (These can be canned or dried)
Legumes include but are not limited to dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, white beans.
All quality oils
Including but not limited to olive, canola, grape seed, peanut, and sesame.
spring water, distilled water or other pure waters; unsweetened or naturally sweetened soy milk, caffeine free herbal tea, 100% fruit juice, 100% vegetable juice
tofu, soy products, herbs, honey, natural sweeteners, vinegar, seasonings, salt, herbs, Ezekiel Bread and spices.
Foods to Avoid on the Daniel Fast
- All meat and animal products including but not limited to beef, lamb, pork, poultry, and fish.
- All dairy products including but not limited to milk, cheese, cream, butter, eggs and mayonnaise.
- All leavened bread and baked goods not using 100% whole wheat.
- All refined and processed food products including but not limited to artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives.
- All deep fried foods including but not limited to potato chips, French fries, corn chips.
- All solid fats including shortening, margarine, lard and foods high in fat.
- Foods containing artificial preservatives and/or processed sweeteners such as sugar substitutes, syrups, and refined sugar.
- Beverages including but not limited to coffee (regular and decaffeinated as decaf coffee contains small amounts of caffeine), tea, carbonated beverages, energy drinks, and alcohol.